ASIS CPP and PSP Certification Intensive Classroom Preparation Programmes Conducted in the UK
The ASIS CPP and PSP certifications are globally-recognised benchmarks in security management. The certifications are achieved by examination that evidences assimilation of a large body of reference materials. See below for respective links to CPP and PSP reference materials.
ISMI® founder David Cresswell is one of the best-known ASIS CPP and PSP Preparation Programme instructors globally and has helped hundreds of security professionals worldwide achieve these prestigious certifications.
The 2018/19 ISMI® Intensive Classroom Preparation Programmes for the ASIS CPP and PSP will take place on the following dates:
16-18 January 2019, UK
12-14 June 2019, UK
9-11 October 2019, UK
14-16 November 2018, UK
15-17 May 2019, UK
13-15 November 2019, UK
The programmes, which will be held in a rural Worcestershire setting ideally suited to intensive study, include:
- Three days of intensive classroom study, with refreshments and lunch.
- Detailed handout pack to support topics covered in classroom.
- Home study pack, examination preparation guidance and almost 1,000 practice questions to hone your skills.
- Assistance with setting up a home-study networking group to support your examination preparation and exchange information. Access to an online support library of hundreds of resources.
- Provision of an ASIS-certified mentor.
- Telephone coaching support throughout your self-study phase.
The programme fee is £750 (+VAT). You are advised to book early as places will be limited to maximum 12 students per course to ensure an interactive learning environment. Janet Ward firstname.lastname@example.org will be happy to assist.
ISMI® will assist students with:
- Accommodation. We can advise on best option to suit your budget.
- Reference materials. CPP and PSP are based on specific publications that need to be purchased. Detailed advice can be found by clicking here.
- Examination application. We can advise and guide you on how to complete your application.
About the CPP
The Certified Protection Professional (CPP)® credential is aimed at experienced security managers or consultants. It provides demonstrable proof of knowledge and management skills in eight key domains of security. Those who earn the CPP are ASIS board-certified in security management. Further information, including eligibility criteria, can be found at https://www.asisonline.org/Certification/Board-Certifications/CPP/Pages/default.aspx
The CPP study domains can be found at https://www.asisonline.org/Certification/Resources/Announcements/Pages/Updated-Domains%2c-Tasks%2c-and-Knowledge-Statements-for-2016-CPP-Exam.aspx
About the PSP
The Physical Security Professional (PSP)® credential provides demonstrated knowledge and experience in threat assessment and risk analysis; integrated physical security systems; and the appropriate identification, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of security measures. Those who earn the PSP are ASIS board certified in physical security. Further information, including eligibility criteria, can be found at https://www.asisonline.org/Certification/Board-Certifications/PSP/Pages/default.aspx
The PSP study domains can be found at www.asisonline.org/Certification/Board-Certifications/PSP/Pages/default.aspx
About the Instructor
Recommended Study Process
Decide which credential is right for you. For a broad study security management consider CPP. If you are specifically interested in the selection, project management and evaluation of physical security measures consider PSP.
- Contact ISMI® and enrol on your chosen preparation programme. email@example.com Demand is expected to be high and class sizes are limited to ensure an interactive experience.
- Purchase your study materials. CPP is based on the ASIS POA Manual plus specific ASIS standards and guidelines; click here. PSP is based on a different set of books; click here.
- Register for your examination. This is done by application and credit card payment to ASIS. Information is at https://www.asisonline.org/Certification/Apply-for-Certification/Pages/default.aspx Once approved, ASIS will send you details on how to book your examination appointment at the nearest Prometric CBT centre. If you would like your application reviewed before sending, ISMI® will be happy to oblige.
- Begin using your ISMI® home-study pack. The pack is designed to be used at any time, before or after your three days of instruction in class. It will be made available 4 weeks before your course begins.
- Attend your chosen ISMI® CPP or PSP Preparation Programme on your chosen dates.
- Set up a home study network with your class colleagues and continue to engage with ISMI® for telephone coaching and support.
- Pass the exam!
About Your Study Commitment
It takes about 250 hours of study to prepare for the CPP or PSP examinations. The reference materials can appear overwhelming at first (circa 3,000 pages for CPP) and one of the purposes of ISMI®’s 3-day classroom programme is to help you focus your studies on concepts which are likely to be most relevant to the examination.
The process can appear a little confusing at the outset. For example, the CPP has 7 study domains. The Protection of Assets Manual has 8 books. But the two don’t correspond in subject matter. ISMI® will help you in understanding which parts of which reference materials correspond to which study domains.
The ISMI® home-study pack will reinforce the classroom study, providing synopses and interpretations of key reference materials, glossaries, indices and lexicons, and over one thousand practice questions, some standard Q&A and hundreds of multiple choice questions, similar in format to those you will encounter in the examination.
By forming a study group with your fellow student you will be able to network and exchange answers, and you will have ISMI® at the end of the phone to advise or point you in the right direction.