As a CSMP or member of ISMI, you will be obligated to the following ethical code:
- You should have as your primary duty your obligation to your employing organisation and to the success of its mission.
- You should perform your professional duties in accordance with relevant law and the highest moral principles.
- You should pay due regard to human rights, equality and diversification and not engage in discriminatory behaviour.
- You should respect the rights of others in performing professional responsibilities.
- You should not knowingly become professionally associated with those who don’t conform to the highest professional standards.
- You should observe the precepts of truthfulness, honesty, and integrity, and not knowingly spread false information or defame any individual.
- You should be faithful and diligent in discharging professional responsibilities and not engage in any conflict of interest unless fully disclosed.
- You should not claim competence or skill when not possessed.
- You should safeguard all confidential information (including personal private information) that the privilege of your office allows you access to.